Saturday, April 29, 2023

April 22, 2008

Today's outing was to Kew.  First I took a walk past the National Archive where I did much of the research for my Ph.D. thesis 12 or 13 years ago.  I'd forgotten how ugly the building looks from the outside!


Then I visited Kew Gardens for the first time in almost 20 years. (I'd done so much work nearby, yet I never got around to visiting the place at the time!) Part of my visit was to Kew Palace on the grounds.


In the afternoon my feet gave out on me, for a change, and I left earlier than I might have, without seeing the whole place.  For the previous three days I'd had egg & cress sandwiches for lunch but this time I had a tuna & cucumber sandwich, after removing the cucumbers.


On the way back I took the wrong train and ended up on a detour to Willesden Junction in the northwest.  But it cost me no more than 10 minutes or so.


Dinner was lamb stew.


I thought of seeing Never So Good, a one-man show about Harold MacMillan playing at the National Theatre, but it wasn't on tonight.  Just as well, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment