Friday, April 21, 2023

April 13, 2008

"This city is dying of rabies.  Is the best I can do to wipe random flecks of foam from its lips?"--Watchmen


Dreamed of boarding a Toronto bus and realizing I couldn't pay the far because I only had British money.


Did the laundry at London House in the afternoon.  At that time, I started reading my graphic novel Watchmen.  It's really brilliant!


Afterward I visited the Foundling Museum just north of Brunswick Square. (They have some excellent paintings there.) Then I went to Waterstone's and bought a couple of books about classic British TV, along with The Big Questions, which claims to provied an overview of philosophy.


Dinner was steak.


Saw My Brother Is an Only Child at the Renoir.  It's a funny movie about a young man in '60s Italy whose brother is a communist. (It cost ten pounds, and I almost skipped it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment