Monday, April 3, 2023

March 28, 2008

"Can't you see?  This is history!"

"History, my foot!  It's money."

--Passport to Pimlico


Dreamed of college students during World War II; wondering what life was like when a narrower range of food was available at the grocery store; "waking up" and finding the time was only 05:00 or so.


Saw the DVD of the classic Ealing ensemble comedy Passport to Pimlico (for the second time). It's a clever satire of postwar British austerity and officialdom in which a London borough secedes from the United Kingdom.


Dinner was Chinese food.  My fortune cookie said, "You see everything that happens in terms of the larger picture." I guess I do.


The choir had another rehearsal to make up for missing last week.  Giuseppe Macina told me the Toronto City Opera might be doing La Cenerentola instead of Carmen, but that also sounds fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment