Friday, April 7, 2023

March 30, 2008

"'At least I get paid in cash,' Pea Eye said....  'I don't care if you get paid in cash,' Lorena said. 'Cash can't hug me.  It can't make me a baby.  It can't be a father to Augie and Georgie and Ben and the girls"--Streets of Laredo


Dreamed of being about to perform in a band concert in Amherst, N.S. (near my hometown Sackville, N.B.) on a tenor saxophone which I'd never played before, but not minding; meeting some friendly East Indian girls; assembling my Mouse Trap game and finding some parts missing.


Saw Josef von Sternberg's silent Underworld at the Cinematheque.  It's the original gangster movie, an atmospheric classic.


Puitak and Gordon invited me over for dinner.  We ate spaghetti.


Found a website full of dime novel covers!

No comments:

Post a Comment