Tuesday, April 25, 2023

April 17, 2008

This morning, for a change, I went to Chancery Lane station to get my London Underground day-pass.


Then I went out to West India Quay and visited the Docklands Museum depicting the history of the port of London.  They had a special exhibit on slavery (in which they referred to slaves as "enslaved people").


In the afternoon I went to the Maritime Museum in Greenwich. (For the first time here, I ended up skipping lunch.) Afterward, I went up to the hill where the Greenwich Observatory is, but only to take pictures:  this time I wasn't interested in seeing it from inside.


On the way back, I went to Oxford Street and tried to find scissors to trim my fingernails.  In the end I got them at the Boots drugstore in the Brunswick.  Oh well, I got to visit Oxford Street anyway.


Dinner was salmon.


Phoned home.

No comments:

Post a Comment