Monday, April 17, 2023

April 10, 2008

In the morning, I opened the manual for my new camera and installed the memory card.  I also took my first picture:  Mecklenburgh Square seen from my window.


In the morning I returned to the National Gallery and saw the rest of it.


In the afternoon I visited the National Portrait Gallery.  I saw the pre-Victorian portraits on the top floor, and paid 10 pounds to see a special show of Vanity Fair celebrity photographs from both the early magazine of the '20s and '30s and the more recent version. (Of course, the earlier photos were of far greater interest.)


I stayed at the NPG till past 18:00, so instead of returning to the Dining Hall I ate at McDonald's.


I only took one more picture today:  at Leicester Square there was a huge crowd of people waiting to see (I think) Kate Hudson arrive for the Fool's Gold gala premiere, so I shot the throng itself.


At the Duke of York's I saw an imaginative South African version of Mozart's The Magic Flute, with xylophones and bongo drums and a lot of dancing.  Good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment