Friday, April 7, 2023

March 29, 2008

"He had too much to do, keeping alive, to worry about dying"--Streets of Laredo

On train delays: "My great-grandfather built this railway to serve Titfield, not Greenwich!"--The Titfield Thunderbolt


Dreamed of the actual 1979 police detective series Paris, with James Earl Jones, which I heard about but never saw.


I started to watch the DVD of Kanal, Andrzej Wajda's war movie about a unit of resistance fighters about to be slaughtered in the last days of the Warsaw Uprising, but it was too grim for me.


Instead, I watched a DVD with several episodes of Patrick Troughton as Doctor Who.  Some of it was pretty outlandish.


Dinner was McDonald's.


Saw the DVD of Charles Crichton's Ealing comedy The Titfield Thunderbolt (for the second time). Definitive English whimsy.


I forgot all about he hour between 20:00 and 21:00 when we were all going to turn our lights off!

No comments:

Post a Comment