Monday, April 17, 2023

April 9, 2008

In the morning I met Noelle Vickers, who thought I was the brother of the guy she knew when I was there a dozen years ago! (I guess I've changed a bit...)


Walked down to Trafalgar Square, then viewed two-thirds of the National Gallery. (I saved my favourite--the post-1700 art--for tomorrow.) I remember quite a few pictures from my past visits.


Dinner at the London House dining hall was Thai chicken with rice. (Yesterday's dinner was butter chicken with rice, while lunch was sausage casserole with rice.  Maybe I should go easy on the rice for a while...)


I haven't been able to find that brochure the theaters used to put out listing all the plays and musicals being put on.  In the evening I looked up their webpage and found out a lot.


"The Brunswick" has been gentrified, including its name.  My beloved Safeway supermarket is now called Waitrose, and has moved into a northern extension.  I went there and bought some apples, oranges, carrots and detergent.

No comments:

Post a Comment