Saturday, April 29, 2023

April 21, 2008

"He broke the law when he was born!  His parents were not married"--Major Barbara


Knocked my forehead against the wall in the middle of the night.


Met Mrs. Vickers and took a picture of her. (She also took one of me.)


Went to the Hayward Gallery and saw an exhibit of photographs by Soviet avant-gardist Alexander Rodchenko.


Took a train to Hampton Court, which I'd only been to once before.  Among other things, I explored the famous hedge maze. (Frankly, the whole place is like one big maze!) I'd bought a new issue of Private Eye magazine, but I left it there somewhere.


Dinner was KFC.


Went to see the George Bernard Shaw play Major Barbara at the National Theatre, directed by the great Nicholas Hytner.  It's a very smart, knowing satire.


My TV set conked out Friday night.  Today I told the desk clerk and he came to may room and fixed it. (It had something to do with the cable connection, I think.)

No comments:

Post a Comment