Wednesday, May 3, 2023

April 23, 2008

Checked out of the Goodenough Club in the morning and deposited my suitcase at Victoria Station's left luggage place. (Glad I didn't have to lug that around!)


First I visited the new Cartoon Museum in Bloomsbury, which had just opened a special exhibit about the cartoonist Pont. (On the way there, I stopped in a comics store called Gosh! and bought The Mammoth Book of Best Horror Comics.) [I still haven't finished reading it...]


Then I went to Tate Modern via the south shore of the Thames from London Bridge. (I've taken quite a few pictures of bridges.) One of their special exhibits was on the modernist Man Ray and some artist friends of his.


Dinner was at the Japanese restaurant Wagamama's. (Once again, I saved the best for last.) Very spicy.


In the evening, I went to the play Avenue Q. (Unlike last week, the morning drizzle meant no queue for reduced tickets.) It was a very good seat for just ten pounds.  The show was a pretty funny musical with Sesame Street-type puppets and lots of vulgar jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment