Monday, May 15, 2023

May 11, 2008

"Someone who pulls shit on me is either very brave or very stoned.  Which are you?"--52 Pick-Up


Dreamed of writing a story about a teenage German boy at the time of the Munich Conference who decides to leave the country and turn against Hitler.


Went to the Bloor-Yonge station in the morning to return In Defense of Food to Ian.  After I came home I napped for a couple of hours. (I'd woken up early to make sure I'd be on time.)


Saw the DVD of John Frankenheimer's movie of Elmore Leonard's blackmail thriller 52 Pick-Up.  Pretty sharp story in a cheesy Golan-Globus production.  I rented it mostly because Roy Scheider was in it.


Dinner was the rest of the fettucine.


Saw the documentary Pete Seeger:  The Power of Song at the Bloor.  Wonderful. (The place was packed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment