Wednesday, May 24, 2023

May 17, 2008

Rupert Everett: "I want to get married!"
Miranda Richardson: "Oh, are you pregnant?"
--Dance With a Stranger

Everett (seeing Richardson's son pack his teddy bear for boarding school): "You can't take that!  They'll pull his legs off, and yours"--ibid.

"Some people have no shame!"
"And some people have enough to share."
--ibid.

Dreamed of looking at my Ph.D. thesis and wishing it had been better.

Hand a Lunch Club Meetup at the Victory Cafe.  It turned out that they'd got rid of their excellent brunch menu, unfortunately, so we had to order from the dinner menu. (I had chicken curry.)

On the way home, I stopped at the Beguiling comics store and bought a reprint of the first couple of years of Dondi.

We finally set up our new flat-screen TV set. (Father had to saw off part of the desk we placed it on.  I also had to go buy AAA batteries for the remote control.)

Dinner was McDonald's.

Finished digging a furrow around the garden to help drainage.

Saw the DVD of Mike Newell's Dance With a Stranger (for the second time, I think) on the new TV.  Pretty grim all right. [That's the one about the last woman hanged in the UK--when I described the premise to Moira she said "Yuck!"]

No comments:

Post a Comment