Saturday, May 6, 2023

May 3, 2008

"All you need is a good time!"

"I've had too many good times."

"You've never gone out with Bill Roberts!"

"Dry up before you catch cold."

--The Docks of New York


"She's so beautifully dressed!"

"Angels are naked."

--La Boheme


Saw the DVD of the classic tearjerker Waterloo Bridge yesterday.  Really shameless. (For some reason, the DVD version cut off the opening and closing credits.) [IMHO Robert Sherwood was an overrated playwright.]


Today is Free Comic Day, so I went to the Beguiling and got reprints of the Disney inventor Gyro Gearloose and an EC horror story.  Since I didn't want to be a cheapskate, I bought Larry Gonick's Cartoon Guide to Genetics.


Saw the Met production of La Boheme at the Grande.  My favourite part is the love duets, of course.


Donald came over for dinner, which was Indian food.


Saw Josef von Sternberg's silent The Docks of New York at the Cinematheque.  Fairly atmospheric.

No comments:

Post a Comment