Saturday, May 6, 2023

May 4, 2008

"It was an unhappy thought, but soon it might be that the bad men, the Wes Hardins and the Max Mores, would be all that was left of the West as it had been.  The bad men, in the end, were the ones who wouldn't settle"--Streets of Laredo


"He's the most even-tempered man I know--always sore!"--The Docks of New York


Had a Lunch Club Meetup event at the Mandarin near Yonge & Eglinton. (First time I've had lunch there.) Twelve people said they were coming, and we were a total of eight.


Afterward I met Ian at the Bloor-Yonge station and he lent me a copy of In Defense of Food:  An Eater's Manifesto so I could read it before the next Non-Fiction Book Club Meetup.


In the afternoon I went to the Philosophy Meetup at Nicky's place.  We were talking about the definition of truth, and it was a bit focused for my taste:  I dozed off a few times.  One member gave me a free ticket to this week's Jewish film festival, and on the way home I arranged to see their documentaries on Will Eisner and Pete Seeger.


Dinner was McDonald's.

No comments:

Post a Comment