Thursday, July 4, 2019

May 23, 2004

Dreamed of a store selling precious metals; wanting to ask the proprietor why platinum was so valuable, but asking about "palestinium"; him saying he had "seeds" of palestinium; a young man travelling great distances by hot-air balloon; his parents running a 19th-century circus; his grandmother criticizing his mother's gaudy tights; writing down these dreams in my diary. (When I woke my first feeling was disappointment that they weren't written out already and I'd have to write them down for real as best I could.

Saw Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings:  Return of the King at the Revue.  It's the most emotionally affecting of the trilogy (predictably), though I would have preferred less choral music.  My favorite moment came just before the big battle when Princess Eowyn urged courage on Merry (and herself).

Dinner was roast chicken.

Saw the Catherine Howard episode of The Six Wives of Henry VIII.  That Duke of Norfolk was reprehensible!

No comments:

Post a Comment