Sunday, July 28, 2019

June 29, 2004

"We've had nothing but lies and propaganda and cruelty and deceit for all the thousands of years of human history.  It's time we started again, but properly this time..."--The Subtle Knife

Dreamed of looking at issues of Time and Life magazines from just after the end of World War II; witnessing a neo-Nazi rally in Germany in 1956; seeing a German poster for The King and I (a 1956 release).

Got the National Cartoonists Society Album for 1980.

Started the Six Feet Under DVD but the sound was shot.  I went out and rented the first video. (I couldn't find the DVD and had to settle for the videocassette.)

Dinner was chicken curry.

Saw the first three spisodes of Six Feet Under.  It holds up well on second viewing.

There was hardly anyone at karaoke, and I got to sing six songs!  There were "Ticket to Ride, "Memories Are Made of This," "Wake Me up Before You Go-Go," "Dream a Little Dream of Me," "A Groovy Kind of Love," and "I Want a New Drug."

Finished The Subtle Knife.  I'm definitely going to read the third book.

No comments:

Post a Comment