Wednesday, July 17, 2019

June 10, 2004

"The difference between holding up a mail train and an umbrella is just a matter of detail"--Song

"Someday you'll thank me....  But by then I probably won't be taking your calls"--Josie and the Pussycats

"If I could go back in time I'd meet Snoopy"--ibid.

Dreamed of a family sitcom with movie actors like Nicole Kidman; driving a car from Sackvilled to Aulac (I don't drive) and meeting Moira, who took over the driving. (In one scene in Thoroughly Modern Millie, which I saw the other day, Julie Andrews had to drive a car for the first time in an emergency chase.)

At the NDP campaign office, I finished the sign locations and started entering the volunteer slips.

Saw the DVD of Josie and the Pussycats, about a girl band fighting a plot to brainwash our youth, with the cool Alan Cumming as the sinister manager.  It wasn't bad:  the script had some wit.

The 1966 British comic annuals The Dandy Book and The Topper Book, which I bought online last week, arrived in the mail. [I was interested in them because we'd had them when I was little.]

Dinner was chicken curry.

Finished The Blue Castle.  It's L.M. Montgomery at her best.

Saw Anna May Wong in the silent Song. (The title refer's to the heroine's Chinese name, not to singing.) She gets involved with a knife-thrower who's stuck on his old flame and loses his sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment