Tuesday, July 16, 2019

June 6, 2004

Dreamed of being in Sackville and going with some guy to the Wormwood Dog and Monkey Cinema (actually in Halifax) to see Short Cuts, Robert Altman's movie of Raymond Carver short stories, but deciding to leave before it started. (I haven't seen the movie, though I've read the stories it was based on.)

Saw the first of the DVDs we received from zip.ca : Mary Pickford in the silent Tess of the Storm Country.  It's a rip-roaring melodrama.

Helped put up some NDP signs in my St. Paul's riding.

My chorus performed at the official unveiling of the busts of eight famous Italians at the Columbus Centre. (There was also a band.) They gave us a buffet before.  Afterward they had a big dessert spread, and I pigged out. [The eight Italians were Dante, Boccaccio, Columbus, Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Verdi, Puccini and Marconi.]

No comments:

Post a Comment