Friday, July 12, 2019

June 2, 2004

"Haven't you heard of the latest triumph of science--the doorbell?"--Laura

Dreamed of seeing a western on TV with John Wayne in Clint Eastwood's "stranger with no name" role; being in high school and wanting to quit.

Got my hair cut.  I bought some used LPs from a nearby shop afterward.

Went shopping.

The NDP campaign finally had the new poll key and I did some sorting.

Dinner was salmon.

Saw two Otto Preminger film noirs at the Cinematheque: Laura (for the second time) and Angel FaceLaura is a sleazy classic with some great lines.  Angel Face was a hoot, especially Dmitri Tiomkin's melodramatic music.  It's star, Robert Mitchum, belongs in the Cool Hall of Fame.

I won an Ebay auction!  I'm paying $23 for a 1974 magazine including comic strips like Rip Kirby.  But I've lost in seven others. [I think this was the start of my Menomonee Falls Gazette collection!]

No comments:

Post a Comment