Monday, July 1, 2019

May 18, 2004

Dreamed of sharing a basement bedroom in the Sackville house with John (I actually shared it with Donald when I was very young); going to bed around 04:00 and telling him that I thought Elijah Harper's filibustering the Meech Lake agreement to death was wrong; the TTC providing special streetcars to a film festival; recalling that I'd heard someone was buried alive in the second Kill Bill movie, and being so scared I decided I was going to walk out just before that scene. (Actually, she survives and I intend to stay through the whole movie.) [I did!]

Finally got the lawn mown.

Dinner was roast chicken.

Baked raisin bread.

Went to a Karaoke Meetup, but nobody showed up. (I'm not even sure that Bier Markt had karaoke!) Oh well, I went to the Fossil & Haggis instead.  There were few people there, and I got to sing three songs in less than an hour! (They were "Hey Jude," "If I Were a Rich Man," and "Life's Been Good.")

Read 68 pages of Variable Winds of Jalna.

No comments:

Post a Comment