Tuesday, July 16, 2019

June 7, 2004

Dreamed of being about to enter the Sackville United church, then changing my mind at the last moment; the preacher (who resembled William Hartnell as the first Dr. Who) suggesting I attend a smaller church; a booth with earphones and a microphone for people to enter an American Idol-type karaoke contest; deciding to sing "Ring of Fire."

At the NDP campaign office we toted hundreds of sign stakes.

Saw the DVD of David Lean's Oliver Twist, a classic adaptation with stunning visuals. [I think I went to see it when I was little, but freaked out during the scene where they're chasing after him and yelling "Stop, thief!"]

Dinner was roast chicken.

Mowed the lawn.

Received my first Ebay purchase:  a 1974 issue of The Menomonee Falls Gazette, a weekly that reprinted many American comic strips for that week, including sets of six daily strips.  Great fun!

At the chorus rehearsal we did Puccini's "Nessun Dorma" and Wagner's "Pilgrim's Chorus." (The latter is tough!) They gave me a couple of tickets to peddle to the June 20 concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment