Saturday, July 27, 2019

June 26, 2004

Buz Sawyer's copilot Roscoe Sweeney: "Now this is my idea of how to fight a war.  When I shoot a Jap, by dingies I like to see him jump!"

Dreamed of driving with my parents from Sackville to Toronto; waking up when we stopped at Quebec City at night; recalling how bitterly I resented my Grade 7 English teacher telling me (unprovoked by me) in front of the whole class that I should ignore the people who bothered me. (What message did he think they were getting?) [That teacher was the father of CBC reporter Ian Hanomansing.]

Went to the Japanese students' association and talked bilingually.

Dinner was scalloped potatoes and ham.

Read a couple of Roy Crane's Buz Sawyer comics reprints.  He's a World War II naval pilot who crash-lands in the sea, reaches a Japanese-held island and escapes with the help on an American woman in a sarong.  Not politically correct.

The videocassette of The Big Sleep that I bought a couple of months ago finally showed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment