Sunday, December 13, 2020

November 27, 2005

"Of course she likes you--she's your mother!"

"Then why does she keep introducing me as her attorney?"

--Green Acres


"I'm sick of the unhappiness.  I want some new unhappiness"--Six Feet Under


Dreamed of being at a high-rise hotel in Washington, D.C. with my family; the building collapsing while I was out; none of us being hurt but my diary being lost; singing the soul song "Hard to Handle."


I was going to see another Naruse silent at the Cinematheque, but I completely forgot about it until it was too late to make it.


John and Kathrine came over and brought vegan burritos for dinner. (Afterward I sneaked out to McDonald's again.)


On Six Feet Under Claire got an abortion; they handled the funeral for an executed serial killer.


Read an article in The Guardian online where Roy Hattersley of Britain's Labour Party pointed out that improved regulation of privatized utilities hadn't worked but carefully added that "nobody in their[sic] right mind" believes that renationalization is still possible. [Speak for yourself, coward!] I wrote them an email saying "Be crazy and ask for the 'impossible.' That's the realistic way to change the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment