Wednesday, December 9, 2020

November 24, 2005

"Diplomats have to go where they're posted." "So do Labradors"--The Constant Gardener


"You don't have to keep your promises.  You're a woman!"--Green Acres


Dreamed of visiting my old high school in Sackville, N.B.; being afraid of meeting someone I knew; wondering whether I was wrong to quit in the last year (when awake I have no regrets!); riding in a London taxi and seeing a jet plane go down in an explosive crash.


Wore my winter coat for the first time since last winter. (It's our first really cold weather.)


Baked rye bread.


I've already sold and mailed an Ebay package of Out Our Way comics.


Dinner was shepherd's pie.


Saw Fernando Meirelles' movie of John Le Carre's The Constant Gardener at the Bloor.  It's a masterful political thriller and ultimately a great love story.  Ralph Fiennes is one of our finest actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment