Saturday, December 5, 2020

November 20, 2005

"I am not in denial!"--Six Feet Under

Dreamed of needing to tune a TV set with a complicated system of rabbit-ear antennas; adding a card to the system and getting a near-perfect picture; visiting a beach near Ottawa in winter; climbing a cliff to the top of a snowy dune; thinking "I love this country!"; trying to imagine how hard it must have been for the Russians to hold out at Stalingrad; reflecting that they were motivated by the threat of extinction; marrying a rich young socialite; her faking her death by an elevator crash; moving from California to New York City and avoiding school enrolment.

Sang at the opera chorus fundraiser.  Someone complimented me on my gingerbread. (It disappeared pretty quick as I'd only brought a third of what I'd baked.) I helped clean up afterward and got to bring home a big amount of cookies and cheese.

John, Kathrine and Rae came over for dinner, which was lasagna.

Saw the DVD of the SCTV episode with the Pre-Teen World Telethon and the Ocean's Eleven spoof.

On Six Feet Under Lisa went missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment