Tuesday, December 22, 2020

December 10, 2005

Precocious teenager explaining why he dumped his girlfriend: "I thought I could do better"--The Squid and the Whale


Dreamed of being about to go on a tour of a British museum; trying to put my coat in a coin-op locker; locking it without putting my coat in; searching for the right coin; watching The Beverley Hillbillies through a TV screen's reflection on a window; an LP with yellow vinyl with the label showing the title "Entree." (When I was young we had a lot of 78 RPM Golden Records with yellow vinyl.)


The parents and I went to see Noah Baumbach's The Squid and the Whale at the Cumberland.  It's about two New York writers getting divorced and their sons taking sides.  They were all so lacking in "people skills" that I had to feel sorry for them.  Cold, unsentimental and often perversely funny.


Afterward we went to Pizza Hut and had a big bowl of spaghetti and meatballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment