Sunday, December 27, 2020

December 18, 2005

"'Ron!' she said furiously, 'Don't you ever let me see you throwing knives again!' 'I won't,' said Ron, 'let you see,' he added under his breath, as he turned back to the sprout mountain"--Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince


Dreamed of reading a book of Pauline Kael reviews of Katherine Hepburn movies while walking along York Street toward our old house in Sackville, N.B.; noticing that I was being silently followed by a young Elizabeth Taylor; mentioning that she'd made her first movie at age 12 (which is true); her insisting she was actually 16; being in the Sackville house and mentioning that it seemed bigger in my dreams than in "real life."


At the NDP campaign office I started entering the sign and volunteer location data on the computer.


Saw Bob Clark's A Christmas Story (for the second time) at the Royal.  It's a broad but witty nostalgic comedy.


John and his family brought over dinner, which was vegan shepherd's pie. (What a concept!) I showed Kathrine the pictures from my London trip.


On Six Feet Under Nate decided to quit the business; Keith got a new job as a celebrity bodyguard.  This episode wasn't as good as usual:  too much sex. [The show had "jumped the shark" by this time.]


Baked rye bread overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment