Tuesday, December 22, 2020

December 9, 2005

"His fans are Christian folk.  They don't want to hear him singing to a bunch of murderers and rapists to make them feel better!"

"Then they aren't Christians."

--Walk the Line


Dreamed of visiting my hometown Sackville, N.B.; finding out that they'd changed the name of Union Street; living on my own and being unable to take it; remembering my first experience of it at 24 (I couldn't take it then); comparing it to the scene in Born Free where Elsa the lioness spent a week back in the wild and couldn't take it.


Dinner was KFC.


Saw James Mangold's Walk the Line at the Varsity.  It's a somewhat conventional but highly entertaining biography of Johnny Cash.  Great concert scenes. (I wish I had a girlfriend like June Carter!) It was a Meetin event, but the only other member I could find was Gerard.  He's a special education teacher who's found a six-year-old pupil who seems to have Asperger's Syndrome like me.  He may arrange for the kid and his family to come meet me.


Moira went to Kingston again.

No comments:

Post a Comment