Friday, December 4, 2020

November 17, 2005

Math teacher: "He's a loser, and losers pull down winners"--Freaks and Geeks

Dreamed of taking the elevator up to the fourth floor of the northwest wing of the Victoria & Albert Museum in London; the 1960s motto "Be realistic:  ask for the impossible"; reflecting that my version would put "impossible in quotation marks; meeting someone in that museum who was impressed that I knew our choir director Giuseppe; the opening scenes of a movie made in Israel.

Turned out that I'd forgotten to put the dough in the baking machine last night. So today I'm baking the whole wheat bread.

Saw the DVD of Alexander Mackendrick's classic Ealing Studios comedy Whisky Galore!  It's about a remote Scottish island in World War II that runs out of whiskey, until a ship runs aground with a cargo of... Some fine Scottish actors.

Dinner was sausages and mash.

The Geneva Centre group had a karaoke night. (I brought some microwave popcorn.) I sang "Back in the U.S.S.R." and "Rock Around the Clock." On the way back I met Catherine from the choir.

No comments:

Post a Comment