Thursday, March 1, 2018

March 1, 2003


Got up at 9:10.

Dreamed of visiting Goodenough College in London; looking for the Mensa games house near Yonge St.; meeting Natalia with a friend; accidentally(?) swatting someone on the head.

Saw The Quiet American with Pui and Gordon at the Varsity.  It was quite good, intelligent and beautifully made.  The only problem was that to sit together we had to go near the front row, with one of those huge stadium screens.

Dinner was McDonald's.

Went to a Mensa games night. I played a game of Scrabble, then The Amazing Labyrinth for the first time. [I later bought that game.] With the latter, the first game was over before I could score my first card, then I won the second game by a street!  

Then we played Upwords, which is sort of like Scrabble but with multilayers and all the letters having the same value.  I won my first game!

Started reading Albert Hourani's History of the Arab Peoples again.  I'm now in the 19th century.

No comments:

Post a Comment