Wednesday, February 28, 2018

February 28, 2003

Got up at 8:07.

Dreamed of toy soldiers; a KFC close to the Sackville house; a marathon race starting at a bridge near there; visiting a non-existent fort in western Newfoundland where they filmed part of the Civil War movie Glory; climbing to the top of a pile of corpses, near there the pile becoming a garbage pile; deep-frying two pigs in a big pit in the fort; John warning me about sanitation in the frying; looking at a Newfoundland map and finding no paved road links all the way to the northwestern corner; Sterling Hayden playing a veteran soldier in Glory (he didn't).

Went to the library and read a Rolling Stone article listing 20 ways rock stars get screwed financially. (I don't usually read that magazine.)

I'm now doing situps twice a day, for a total of 40. (Cynthia will be proud of me.)

Dinner was ham and scalloped potatoes.  I burnt my mouth a bit.

Sergei taught a swing class with variations on the promenade and a step like in hustle, along with one where the girl does something like a Viennese waltz.  In the dance party's last dance, Cynthia introduced me to the pasa doble. Afterward I showed them how I came to life as Frankenstein.

Finished The Whiteoak Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment