Tuesday, February 27, 2018

February 27, 2003

Got up at 9:33.

Dreamed of finding a bathroom scale under my bed. (Because I've been getting thinner?)

Since I'd baked white bread, I had a peanut butter sandwich for lunch.

I'll soon be a third of the way through the second chapter of Wandering Youth (whose title I recently figured out the translation for).

Yesterday was my brother Donald's birthday, so we went to the nearby Thai restaurant with him, John and John's daughter Merle. Unfortunately, the main courses weren't ready for an hour and I couldn't stay because of my dance class.  I should have known that would happen!

But I had a great time at the dance class, well worth missing dinner for.  Arman was teaching Claudia and me several variations on the progressive and chase.  One was the flick, in which the woman simply imitates what the man did.  He says "chase" is misleading because it's about imitation rather than pursuit.  So I suggested the name "Monkey See, Monkey Do." (I'm glad Claudia wasn't offended.) I later suggested calling it "the Echo." The only part we couldn't master was the mambo points.

Afterward I had a late dinner at KFC.

No comments:

Post a Comment