Thursday, February 22, 2018

February 22, 2003


Got up at 10:31.

Dreamed of my Sackville house caught in a windstorm and rotating on its foundation; playing Scrabble with myself to dawn; the Marseillaise; the word "contraction."

Brother John and his daughters came over for lunch (pizza).

The Hours felt like years.  Was the real Virginia Woolf this much of a pill? (Mother says Nicole Kidman wasn't as aristocratic as the real VW.) [I saw Gina McKee--Iris in the Forsyte Saga remake-- as more like her.] It didn't help that I haven't read Mrs. Dalloway, let alone the novel The Hours. [Still haven't read either.]

Dinner at the Swiss Chalet. Mine was delayed quite a bit because the waitress got my order wrong.

The weather today was slushy!  Some phone lines were down and I couldn't go online.

No comments:

Post a Comment