Wednesday, February 14, 2018

February 14, 2003


Got up at 8:03.

The parents and Moira went to Kingston, so I'll be on my own for a couple of days. (They left one of their suitcases behind.)

Went to the library to take out a William Anderson biography of Laura Ingalls Wilder.  It's written for a child's reading level, so Puitak should like it.  I also glanced at the latest issue of Premiere.

Afterward I went to the video store to see if I could find something I wouldn't rent when there are others around, but I couldn't.

Davis taught a rumba class. There were few people so they had one class, together instead of the usual three.  There were only about a dozen people at the dance party, including teachers.  Natalia was back for the first time since Christmas.  She was vacationing in the United Arab Emirates!

Finished Freddy Goes to Florida.  Walter R. Brooks was quite a clever writer.

My translation of the Chinese novel is speeding ahead.  The Communist Party is out to recruit the student heroine, and using the whole Qinghua University student body to that end. (Seems like a paranoia fantasy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment