Tuesday, February 13, 2018

February 13, 2003


Got up at 9:39.

Dreamed of being on a train just starting and unable to find a seat.

Moira and I went to see The Bay of Love and Sorrows at the Carleton.  I was mainly interested in the setting:  New Brunswick in the early '70s--the time and place of my youth--but it was a pretty effective drama on its own. [They showed the film on the CBC too.  I want to read David Adams Richards' novel someday!]

Afterward we had Thai fast food at a place in College Park.

Davis taught another salsa class.  Half the studio has gone to Montreal for the big competition there.  Rita and I were the only students for this class. (Rita's OK, but she's a bit hard to lead.) Afterward I told Dawn Moira had said that while most of us dancers look like we've learned their steps, she looks like she's just doing them.  She said, "She's so sweet!" When Davis speeded up the salsa, I said "Ramming speed!" [A reference to the galley sequence in Ben-Hur.] Davis actually got it!

Read over 80 pages of Freddy Goes to Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment