Monday, February 5, 2018

February 5, 2003



Dreamed of being introduced to a journalism course; woke up; dreamed of being in a motel on a trip to Cape Breton; of looking through old comic books; of being about to do the tango routine, with pre-fanfare drum rolls, but Cynthia waasn't there (neither were my guests) and Chris Matthews wanted to do it with me; of considering appropriate fanfare music for a special occasion and thinking of movie music like Richard Adinsell's Beau Brummel theme (which I don't remember); of "waking up" and telling the family about my dream.

Got out of bed at 10:04.

Well, I'm 41 today.  Father's giving me $1500.

I couldn't upload my photo yet because I need a ZIP-CD scanner. (Ours is only PC.)

They remembered my birthday at the dance studio.  Cynthia, Dawn and even Lisa gave me hugs.  Cynthia says our tango sequence is ready!

Dinner was Chinese food.  My fortune said I love sports, horses and gambling(?), but not to excess.

In the drama class, we did story development: introduction, development, climax, falling action and resolution.  We were doing skits where our characters wanted to communicate but couldn't talk.

A girl and I played a priest and a nun in processions, where I wanted us to run away but she lost her nerve.  Then we did one where I was supervising an archive and one of the two guests there wanted to rip out and steal an important document and ended up eating it.  

Then we enacted five-stage tableaus of Little Miss Muffet with me as the spider.  Then we tried to improvise a five-stage pantomime, but we disagreed and one of us walked out.  We were lucky to come up with anything. (Chinese Sean and Russian Alexei didn't know our nursery rhyme!)

Looks like I managed to upload my photo after all.

Baked whole wheat bread overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment