Monday, February 26, 2018

February 25, 2003

Got up at 7:56.

Dreamed of the scene in Huckleberry Finn where the King fleeces a congregation with the hymn "Gather at the River"; and the anime series Sailor Moon.

There's another cold snap, and Father drove me to Dr. Hassan.

I still haven't found out if that George Brown workshop exists.  I thought I had a printout with the course number on it somewhere, but it looks like I don't after all.

Dinner was pork chops (which I fried).

Read over 50 pages of The Whiteoak Brothers.

No copy editing class, so I went to sink karaoke at the Fossil & Haggis. I sang If I Were a Rich Man and Dancing in the Street. (In the former song, the lyric screen went awry midway through the song and I had to sing it from memory to the extent I could. (Johnnie Blue, the host, said it was the Hebrew lyrics!) Genny's husband Jim was there and sang "The Rockin' Pneumonia and the Boogy Woogy Flu," which I vaguely recall hearing in my youth, and "The Times, They Are A-Changin'." In this cold weather, I was glad to have a lift to the subway from Jim. [The Fossil & Haggis was near Eglinton & Ellesmere.]


No comments:

Post a Comment