Saturday, March 17, 2018

March 17, 2003


"Frank, you're not a Methodist?"--Catch Me If You Can

Got up at 8:54.

Dreamed of the actress Asia Argento; seeing my reflection, in which I looked grim and slight; Dawn telling me I must be Italian because I value work.

It was so warm today that I opened the windows in my room for a bit.

Started typing up this diary.

We waited for guests flying in from Florida, but the plane must have been late and they never showed up.  We ended up eating KFC after 19:00. (It turned out that they weren't coming until tomorrow.)

Got a new Cinematheque schedule with a big Satyajit Ray series.  This time, fortunately, there aren't a lot of conflicts.

Saw Steven Spielberg's Catch Me If You Can at the Bloor.  Quite good.  Leo Di Caprio was perfectly cast, while Tom Hanks had an interesting turn, with a good role for Christopher Walken.  It's Spielberg at his best:  he kept things hopping.  Set in the '60s, it had a great sense of period.  A fun movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment