Wednesday, January 3, 2018

January 3, 2003

Dreamed of being on a cruise and trying to scuba-dive alone from a platform or something, but I wasn't doing it right. Some kids on the shore were making fun of me, and I got mad and called them immature, then somehow got them on my side.  Also dreamed of a cop show like Barney Miller; with the group going on a sea outing with some fishermen; someone got sidetracked from the outing when they found a corpse in the water.

A sore throat to go along with the headache.

It's snowing, so I shovelled the walk. (Is that smart in the middle of snowing?) Also went out, rented a DVD and deposited two cheques.  My balance is now over $2.5K.

Had a bath this afternoon. Hope I'm not getting a cold like the rest of the family.

Dinner was steak.

Saw the first two hours of The Greatest Story Ever Told, also one of the longest.  Bible movies are more about spectacle than religious ideas.  George Stevens took a painterly approach, with static staging and double exposures and relentless awe.  At least he had an interesting lead actor in Max Von Sydow (the existential knight in The Seventh Seal). You can play the spot-the-guest star game:  There's Kojak as Pontius Pilate!

Slate had more to read than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment