Monday, January 22, 2018

January 22, 2003

Had trouble sleeping as I sweated out my cold.

Had a dance lesson with Cynthia.  She's eager to hear about my drama course.  The parents are bugging me about how I was going to cut back to one lesson a week. (I will after the February spotlight is over.)

Dinner was roast chicken.

The first drama class was great fun.  We asked each other our favorite song (I said Ian Dury's "Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick" while someone whose name I can't remember said "Chances Are"); food (I said spaghetti, Andrei said caviar); pet (I said John's late dog Theseus, Jenny never had a pet); and movie (I said The Maltese Falcon, Marie-Jose said The Rose, also her favorite song). 

Then we put on tableaus like the bottom of the Eiffel Tower (I held a camera upward) and serenity (I sat in Buddha's lotus position) and cat food (I pretended to be one of two cats crowding a bowl). We were given a topic and all talked at once speaker's corner-style--I wasn't very good at that part.

In the last exercise we pretended to be applicants confident of getting a perfect job but then becoming unsure, sitting in a waiting room for five minutes.  I kind of cheated:  I came in first, then started to become nervous when the others followed.  I couldn't see how we looked but someone said Andrei had perfect comic timing.  Lots to tell Cynthia about. (She'd enjoy the warmups.)

One of my matchmaker.com letters (to BNY) got a response, including a helpful tip about the Canadian Editors Association.

No comments:

Post a Comment