Wednesday, January 17, 2018

January 17, 2003

Dreamed of being in an unorthodox museum (a common dream for me).

Went over the review stuff from the copy editing course.

Finished translating An Attempt at Reform.  Dinner was fish in batter and potato croquettes.

At the dance studio Davis was doing a group class in Argentine tango.  There were hardly any intermediate-level dancers, and Reiko and I joined the social-ease level.  Cynthia was wondering why I was all smiles tonight.  It's because I like being with her.  While we were dancing, at one point she asked me what my favorite moment of the evening was, and I said, "Now." I guess I'm feeling foolhardy.

Lolita is an amazing book.  I had to look up "favonian" (like the West Wind, propitious), "nacreous" (like mother-of-pearl) and "nates" (buttocks). [Another word I had to look up was "phocine" (like a seal).]

I posted a quiz in the Mr. Cranky forum for Narc and challenged people to guess the quote [from Lolita] on yesterday's page.  Someone did. [mrcranky.com was a website I spent a lot of time on twenty years ago, where he'd post four faultfinding reviews of new movies every week, and each review had its own forum.]

No comments:

Post a Comment