Monday, January 29, 2018

January 29, 2003

Vacuumed the attic in the morning.

Went shopping.

The new London Review of Books had a review of Christopher Hitchens' Orwell book, as well as one of Gangs of New York.

Dinner was roast chicken.

The acting class was about motivation.  We passed around an invisible ball.  I was in a skit where someone was trying to sell me a house and I wanted to steal the scarf behind her pants.  A minute after she showed me the bedroom, I asked, "Did we see the bedroom?" In another skit a couple of people wanted me and my wife to take care of their cats, and I wanted her to say no for me.  

Then Sean and I did a skit where I was trying to get him to sign a business deal and he wouldn't.  I'm glad he thought of pretending to use a calculator. (He works in a bank.) The whole skit was done with dialogue limited to yes, no, please and thank you.  The teacher liked the way I made one last wordless offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment