Saturday, January 20, 2018

January 20, 2003

Dreamed of going on a four-day train trip from Sackville [my New Brunswick hometown] with three other people (including one woman); and being unable to find a shirt in the morning; of enjoying a ride in a stretch convertible with about ten people.

Father and I went to look at vacuum cleaners.  I don't care what we get, so long as it isn't as noisy as that horrid Dirt Devil.  I also got some new shirts.

Went to the Hellenic Home for the Aged and read them some stories.  Dora wasn't in so I grouped the old folk around the table myself.  The stories were about the princess in Velazquez' "Meninas"; a Japanese girl who tamed the nightmare-laden sea, leading to the invention of kites; and a Tomson Highway story about Cree boys performing a song and dance to attract caribou.

Went to the library to return the books and found out they have the first Freddy the Pig book.  And I went to the drugstore and got Vanity Fair and Atlantic Monthly (both for Christopher Hitchens) and some white chocolate for Mother.

Dinner was toad in the hole (sausages in mashed potatoes).

Dawn did a salsa lesson.

Finally got around to baking some more bread (rye)

I still feel bad about my departure from the Mission: Possible job-training program.  I wish I could have at least given a better explanation to my Employment Supports case worker.  At any rate my family all think I made the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment