Wednesday, January 24, 2018

January 24, 2003

This time I slept through the night.

Father and I finally went shopping.  We forgot to get Thousand Islands dressing.

Dinner was fresh halibut so undercooked (I think) that I couldn't finish it.  I hope they let me fry it next time.

My energy is still a bit low so I skipped the Friday night group lesson and dance party.

I went to see Femme Fatale, but I'd forgotten that the Festival Cinemas calendar arrays its schedules along a Friday-to-Thursday axis (instead of Sunday to Saturday) so it was actually on Wednesday instead of Thursday.

Reading the part of Lolita where they're travelling all around the USA.  The frustrating thing is that is isn't a novel you can zip through:  I have to read it slowly to appreciate Nabokov's prose.

It's a shame Cynthia doesn't have the time to take an acting course.  I'm sure she'd be good at it:  she has energy, an expressive face, and of course a sense of rhythm.  If I won $100 million in a lottery, I'd marry her so she wouldn't have to work and could just take acting classes.  (But now I'm like Aedh wishing for the cloths of heaven in William Butler Yeats' poem.)

No comments:

Post a Comment