Wednesday, September 28, 2022

September 23, 2007

"All that happens is a little cut, and then everything's peaceful.  Forever"--The Golden Compass


"Is she your girlfriend?"

"She's not my girlfriend.  She's just a 'friend' of mine who happens to be a girl."

--Across the Universe


Saw Julie Taymor's Beatles musical Across the Universe at the Yorkdale.  It was rather predictable, and often downright silly--the Columbia University riot scene was particularly shameless--but overall it was good fun.  I was sitting near some teenage girls who giggled a lot.


Then I went to the first meeting of my new "Over the Hill Philosophy Meetup" for over-40s.  There was a lot of fretting about group dynamics. (I hope they learn to be more casual, because it is a promising group.)


Dinner was roast beef, to which I added several spices.


I mean to start watching the Oz DVD, but it keeps malfunctioning on the upstairs player!

No comments:

Post a Comment