Friday, September 16, 2022

September 10, 2007

"Up the Arsenal!"--off-colour line in A Run for Your Money

Reporter Alec Guiness trying to find the miners in a crowd of Welsh rugby fans: "'They'll be wearing leeks.' For the first time in living memory, The Weekly Echo is guilty of understatement"--ibid.


Dreamed of playing Seahaven Towers solitaire; a crossword puzzle quote that started "I asked you, you big baby..."; coming home to a house on a hill and seeing a house on the same slope engulfed in fire.


Saw the DVD of A Run for Your Money (for the second time), an Ealing Studios comedy about two innocent Welsh miners on a day trip to big, bad London.  It reminded me how much I love that city...


Dinner was the rest of the pork.


Went to the season's first Coro Verdi rehearsal.  We did two new folk songs, "Amore Amore" and "Lontan Lontan." (The Columbus Centre rotunda now displays a bust of the Dalai Lama.) I heard that the Toronto City Opera is doing La Boheme instead of Tales of Hoffmann, so I don't think I'll participate this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment