Sunday, September 11, 2022

September 5, 2007

Went to the Lillian Smith library near Bathurst & College and picked up Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. (I also bought The Guardian Weekly for Moira at the magazine store near Yonge & St. Clair.)


Dinner was halibut.


Nobody showed up for my Non-Fiction Meetup to discuss Barbara Tuchman's A Distant Mirror.  From now on I won't have this event in the same months as Karen has a series books event. (I'd only got two "maybe" RSVPs.)


Saw the DVD of Lewis Milestone's movie of Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men.  It was pretty faithful to the book, though of course they diluted the wife's skankiness (and gave her a name!). Lon Chaney Jr. was pretty cool, but Burgess Meredith was the sort of actor who tended to play Burgess Meredith.  Nice score by Aaron Copland.


Baked rye bread. (It's been two weeks since I baked anything.)

No comments:

Post a Comment