Saturday, September 17, 2022

September 11, 2007


"The good writers touch life often.  The mediocre ones run a quick hand over her.  The bad ones rape her and leave her for the flies"--Fahrenheit 451


Dreamed of playing Scrabble with tiles in different sizes; books among the tiles; watching a Steve Allen TV special featuring his regular performer Louis Nye; being distracted by a comic book I was reading at the same time, and rewinding to see the parts I'd missed.


Went to Dr. Hassan's office and booked my next appointment.  On the way back I noticed that Julian Heller's campaign office (the St. Pauls NDP candidate in Ontario's 2007 provincial election) is up and running.  Time to start my volunteer work for them.


Dinner was scallops.


Saw the DVD of Buster Keaton's Our Hospitality (for the third time). There was a thunderstorm and a brief blackout in the middle of our viewing.


Found the 9/11 poem "Wage Peace" online and emailed it to my book club.


Printed out Norman Rockwell's picture of Rosie the Riveter using the book Mein Kampf as a footstool.  I couldn't help feeling that it has an anti-intellectual overtone relevant to our upcoming Fahrenheit 451 discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment