Monday, September 5, 2022

September 3, 2007

Walked in the Labour Day parade!  I was one of the people promoting MMP there.  I started near the front, then let everyone gradually overtake me as I approached other walkers with my info. (Many of them had already been approached by the others, which is a good sign.) In the end, I managed to see the participants at the very rear, who were extremist parties.  I spent over three hours on my feet!


That afternoon Father and I cut up most of the branches we'd taken off the trees, and ended up with three big bags ready to be picked up tomorrow.  There's one big limb on the plum tree which we'll probably saw off sometime.


Dinner was pork chops.


Moira came back from Kingston.


You can find out anything on the internet!  There's this Sousa march tune I knew from childhood, except I didn't know it's title.  Using MIDIs, I found out it's "The Thunderer"!  I also found out that Sousa was Portuguese-American. (For some reason, I'd imagined him as Sicilian--must have been confusing him with Frank Capra...)

No comments:

Post a Comment