Tuesday, September 13, 2022

September 6, 2007

"It's fine work.  Monday burn Millay, Wednesday Whitman, Friday Faulkner, burn 'em to ashes then burn the ashes.  That's our official slogan"--Fahrenheit 451


Dreamed of noticing teenage gang warfare with guns; climbing down a cliff on a rope to conduct scientific research on the beach below making a decision to remember some of my dreams and write them down; making a decision to wake up.


Went shopping.


Dinner was fettucine alfredo (which I cooked).


Went to the Architecture for Humanity Meetup at Metro Hall.  When we introduced ourselves at the beginning, I said, "I'm James Matthews.  I'm a dilettante."


Started reading Fahrenheit 451.  It reads like a satire of postwar America's obsessions (e.g. speed over contemplation).

No comments:

Post a Comment